Monday, October 19, 2015

Introduction to Talking Heads

Back to reviewing albums, but this time, I think I'll move on from ELP. I've reviewed all the albums from their classic period, and while I could go on to Emerson, Lake, and Powell or maybe their two-album reunion, not only are those albums not exactly great or good, but a bit of a waste. The classic ELP line-up and albums will always be my favorite, and I'd much rather review and take a look at those albums than anything that came afterwards.

Therefore, with that out of the way, I can move onto the Talking Heads, another one of my personal favorite bands. A lot different from ELP, they are led by David Byrne, who has a very unique vocal style that I don't really know of any other singers who are like him. Regardless, it was him who gave the band a lot of personality. It also helps that he could actually sing quite well.

Of course, we also have Chris Frantz on drums, Jerry Harrison on guitar/keyboards, and Tina Weymouth on bass. They sometimes get a little overlooked (likely overshadowed by Byrne being a bit of an enigma), but they all contribute towards the band's overall efforts anyway.

The interesting thing I will do when reviewing their albums is start backwards (skipping True Stories, as that was more of a soundtrack and the only album by them I don't own). Therefore, the first review will be of Naked, then Little Creatures, then Stop Making Sense (Live Album), and so on. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment